Wanna be in Al’s video?

Clapper BoardHoly cow, you might be an extra in Weird Al’s next video!

We’re shooting a music video this month, and we need a few extras. The only 3 requirements are: 1) You must live in the greater Los Angeles area, 2) You must be between 18 and 24 years old, and 3) You must not mind working for FREE.

Aw man, I don’t qualify for 1 or 2, but YOU might! Check out the link above and be on your way to mega stardom overnight!

This entry was posted in Weird Al News. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Wanna be in Al’s video?

1. elvis says:

1. 🙁
    2. 🙁
    3. Hell, I’d pay him.

🙁

Gotta get me a fake ID.

2. butthead says:

what song is the video for?

3. Mikel says:

im gonna go for it

4. Amanda says:

*cries*

why wasnt i born 3 years earlier!?!??
    i would get an apartment im los angeles for a year to be in that video!!!

5. Tracy A. says:

I sent a picture to the email address since I am of age and don’t mind at all if I were to do this for free! The problem is, and I described my situation in the email, I live all the way over in Florida. Now, the requirements ask for people who LIVE in the L.A. area, but I am wondering how strict they are with that particular rule. I am willing to spend $400 on just getting over there to be a part of such a great event.
    I need to know immediately if I would be an extra in the video so I could ask for a day off to fly in Thursday morning (Aug. 24) and be there until Sunday evening (Aug. 27). Also, ticket prices are always fluctuating and the less I spend, the better. I’m only a part-timer, ya know! 🙂

If anyone is in the know and would love to do this Al Gal a huge favor, put in a word about me. It doesn’t even have to be a good word, really. Any type of word would be helpful. haha

Too bad you can’t be in it, Steve. 🙁 I am sure, somehow, you’ll be there in spirit! Congrats again on the DVD shoutout, too; still awestruck about that!

6. Amanda says:

good luck!

7. Stephen S. says:

drat….. a few months short of 18…
    I live in San Diego, CA but that’s not LA is it… drat. drat drat..
    Oh… Maybe for the next album. (I’ll be here when you call, Al!)

8. Shayan says:

crud- im only 12, live in N.Y…. but would work for free…heck, i’d even pay al to let me be in on of his videos!

9. Tracy A. says:

I know what song it is for! I have very good clues!

Don’t know how to do that without spoiling it though.

10. Richard Latanville says:

I think I know the song too, but just a guess, Al needed young people so my guess is White and Nerdy.

11. butthead says:

what do you mean you “think”

12. Alfan94 says:

Im gonna check into a few videos later I don’t qualify for onw or two I would PAY him to let me work I would do anything (If i could some how get a plane ticket) CAN’T WAIT TILL MUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Tracy A. says:

I called the Radical Media office in L.A. last night and left a voicemail for the person who was dealing with the video (according to the automated directory message) without any reply back.
    I called again just a few minutes ago to ask about the shoot, and success! I was talking to a live human being.

After I made it clear that I could easily fly out to take part in a great rare thing, she basically responded with, “Nah. It is just easier to deal with people in L.A.” She said that they have received my emails and that if it were to change, they’d let it be told. In the end, though, plainly because it is more of a cake walk, she still said it is only open to L.A. residents…and that aspect was unlikely to change.

…which is something I don’t understand entirely, because how difficult would it be simply because one does not live somewhere in California? I can be contacted easily. I would be able to find a place to stay since I have friends there, and some have offered to transport me around (I am pretty positive that they have taxi drivers around there as well). Oh, I believe you guys have hotels in California, too. I’d be in Los Angeles and available on those days, so I just can’t say, “Oh, okay. Well, sucks for me. I give up! Bye!”
    Although, don’t get me wrong; the person I spoke to was very kind and probably didn’t want me to go through so much trouble by flying all the way over there.

I just cannot throw in the towel so easily.
    My determination has gotten me places when people don’t even think of putting a little extra effort in.

If I don’t hear any other details about it soon, I am just going to fly across the country, visit my West Coast friends, see some sights, experience adventures (who knows what they’d be), and come back home with amazing memories and stories to tell…if I am a part of anything Weird Al or not.

I apologize for this lengthy read; seems like I got the wrong idea and thought this was MY personal whiny blog and not the Yankovic! blog. Ha!

No, but really I am sorry. :/

14. yochanah says:

1 under age(big time)

2 live in taxas

3 would totaly do it for free

but unlike stace im going to say SUCK TO BE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Tracy A. says:

This is the fifth most viewed Myspace blog.

…and this is not all my fault. 🙂

16. Jeff says:

Darn it. I only qualified for number three.