High Praise from Chamillionaire

Looks like Houston rapper and winner of MTV’s Best Rap Video award Chamillionaire has become a huge fan of Weird Al, too. First he just couldn’t wait to proudly feature “White and Nerdy” on his own MySpace page, and now gives major kudos to him in an interview:

“He’s actually rapping pretty good on it, it’s crazy…He’s Grammy-nominated, man. He goes platinum. It’s really an honor when he does that. I remember when he redid Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad.’ Weird Al is not gonna do a parody of your song if you’re not doing it big. You gotta be a big dog. He shot the video, and people will see it pretty soon. It’s crazy.”

“He’s spittin’ just like Krayzie Bone on the second verse…It’s actually very funny if you listen to what he’s saying. The way Krayzie is harmonizing, he does the same thing. It surprised me. I didn’t know he could rap like that.”

Definitely nice to hear another artist give respect to Al for his attention to details, be honored at being a parody subject, and just plain enjoy his singing abilities.

See you at the next Al concert, Chamillionaire! I’ll bring the toy lightsabers, you bring the Yoda mask, k?

This entry was posted in Interviews. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to High Praise from Chamillionaire

1. Ryan says:

That is soo cool, at least Chamilionairre had a reason for putting the song up early. I’m telling ya’, Al is the best white rapper of all time!

2. Rusty says:

At least this isn’t a coolio kinda incident

It’s really great that Cham appreciates what Al did with “Ridin'”. hehe, a response I saw to the quote about Al “spittin'” was amusing: “Note to self: when Al sings this song in concert, bring an umbrella”. Or something like that.

4. Stephen S. says:

I think this is awesome!
    I think all this publicity will make this the highest selling album for Al ever!!!
    Go Al! Here’s to your next solid gold Humvee! 🙂

5. Erin says:

From the first paragraph of the article:

The longtime musician has achieved fame by creating parody versions of “Beat It,” “Lump,” “Smells Like Teen Spirit,” and “Amish Paradise.”

…one of these things is not like the others.

6. Stephen S. says:

Re: Erin’s post
    Gump was Al’s parody of Lump… I wonder who messed up?

7. Chris Knight says:

Awww c’mon, Lump was a pretty good song in its day. And Gump is a great parody song and video 🙂

8. Stephen S. says:

I didn’t say anything negative aboot any song. I just said I wonder who messed up with typing. They said Lump was by Al instead of Gump.
    Are they inbred?

9. happysteve says:

Actually, the first line in the article was trying to list the originals, but accidently wrote “Amish Paradise” as one of them. heh heh… oops. Good catch, Erin.

10. Chris Knight says:

“Gump”, “Lump”… they look so much alike who can blame a guy for messing up 😛

11. A Man says:

Happy success to Al whose rap finally gets the praise! First the beef with Coolio, then the video with Eminem. It’s great to know Chamillionaire’s a team fan, and maybe, one day, a future Yank Blogger:)
    I thought it was Lump and Gump too, then I realized the B on Eat It, which would make it Beat It, and got the idea that is should say Gangsta’s Paridise.

12. A Man says:

I meant player, not fan!!
    I was distracted by an intense curling match between the beavers and mooses.

13. Richard Latanville says:

I knew Al can rap, he has the lungs for it. If a guy can hold a note for 30 seconds can busta rhyme.