Bad News – Bohemian Rhapsody

Ya know, back in 1992, a year before the release of Alapalooza, on the 6th installment of Al-Tv, a video for Bohemian Rhapsody was played. But it wasn’t by Queen. Oh no it wasn’t. Instead, it was this classic gem, by Bad News.

[youtube]1aZRuFizPv8[/youtube]

This particular version looks like it came from Dr. Dementos Top 20 Demented Video Countdown in. Once you are done with that version be sure you listen to Al’s polkafied version, called Bohemian Polka. Enjoy!

This entry was posted in Others, Video. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Bad News – Bohemian Rhapsody

1. A Man says:

They killed it! “Bohemian Rhapsody” is my favourite song EVER. And they just ruined it. Like, it’s not good one bit. Big Red, the guy who sang it on American Idol last night, sang it better than these clowns. I got to thank Al though. If it wasn’t for “Bohemian Polka”, or “Another One Rides The Bus”, I probably never would have gotten into Queen

2. Ugliness Man says:

Don’t forget that the Bad News version was also played in one of the AlMusic specials. Canadians count, too, eh?

3. Tracy A. says:

Masterpiece!

4. Tracy A. says:

Whoa, wait a second.
    Is that…
    Oh, my! It is!

It’s the Young Ones!

5. Kate says:

Hey theres a nice long article with mention of weird al in an australian news website http://www.theage.com.au/news/music/turning-your-back/2007/01/18/1168709877684.html
    weird al pops up around page two.

6. Terri M says:

that was very disturbing. Now I know why Hair Metal died.

7. Stephen S. says:

Uh.. I still don’t get the point of this..
    Was this actually ON Al-TV?
    If so… WHY?
    Was this Al’s hint that his version of Bohemian Rhapsody would be on the next Album?

8. DB Ferguson says:

@stephen s:

Back in the day, MTV used to play music videos. And VeeJays would have four-hour blocks of videos. When AlTV was on, he would play four hours worth of music, weird videos, sketches and mock interviews. He would play altered videos (does anyone else remember the “True Love” with Bobcat Goldwaith? “Hi, is your daughter home?”), but some of his gems were the totally bizarre videos he would find. He’d play Talking Heads, weird punk bands, and, well, stuff like Bad News.

BTW, this CD is quite funny. And yes, it’s the Young Ones guys. Well, all except Mike.

Bad News was kinda like the British version of Spinal Tap, who were non-musical Americans putting on British accents. Everyone in Bad News was British. No one in Bad News was a musician. Yes it’s true, Bad News is kinda like a Young Ones reunion, sans Mike. I have a Bad News cd and a Bad News video tape. They’re actually quite funny. It’s not supposed to sound good. That’s why the band is called Bad News. I think Al might have been giving a shout out to British comedy here. Way to go! Man, I wish I’d seen all the AL-TVs!

10. ABN says:

My gosh….That just SUCKED. “A Man” is right, they totally killed it.

{At least Freddie Murcury could actually SING it, not SCREAM AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS…it.}